Wirtz, Virginia, is a small town with just over 4,500 people. It’s about an hour southeast of Richmond and about 20 minutes from Smithfield. The average age in Wirtz, Virginia, is 44 years old, which makes it ideal for retirees who don’t want to spend their golden years around many young families or kids. With low crime rates and good quality of life, this quaint little town could be a great place to call home as you enter your golden years. If you’re looking for a quiet community with plenty of activities and friendly people—and can handle being an hour from Washington D.C.— Wirtz, VA, for retirement is the perfect solution for you!
Why Consider Wirtz, VA For Retirement
You might not think of Wirtz, VA, as a retirement destination, but it’s a great place to consider. Here are some reasons why:
- The crime rate is lower than the national average.
- The quality of life for retirees in this area is quite good.
- The cost of living is lower than the national average.
- The weather can be good for those who like warm weather, but there are also plenty of options for those who prefer cooler temperatures or even snowfall during winter (though summers can still get pretty hot).
- Healthcare services are available here at reasonable prices and good quality levels to meet most people’s needs without breaking the bank on medical care expenses! This includes access to doctors and pharmacies if necessary; both types of businesses have locations throughout Wirtz, so they’re easy to access either way.
- The cost of living in Wirtz is also meager compared to other cities of similar size and stature—it’s about 30% lower than the average cost of living for cities with populations between 2,300-25,000 people. Renting an apartment or buying a house won’t be difficult on your budget here either; housing costs are at least 20% lower than they are in most places like this one. Utilities tend to be cheaper here as well (gas bills being around $50 per month), which helps keep incomes high even though rent is low enough that many residents can afford to buy their own homes instead of renting them out as landlords would normally do elsewhere in Virginia or Maryland where land prices are higher due to greater demand for housing stock brought on by more populous areas nearby such as Washington Dc where many federal employees live who commute daily from Wirtz into work there each day since they live close enough together without having any kind of commute time involved whatsoever.
Wirtz, VA Crime Rates
Wirtz, VA’s crime rates are lower than the average city in A- grade. This city is safer than Virginia state and many other cities in the United States.
According to an exclusive analysis – based on FBI data – Wirtz enjoys much lower violent crime levels than most and property crime rates than most over the last decade:
- Violent crimes per 1,000 people (14.98) is less than the Virginia state average (28) and less than the local county average (44).
- Property crimes per 1,000 people (80) is less than the Virginia state average (121) but more than the local county average (65).
Wirtz, VA, is a great place to retire. It has a low crime rate and good quality of life for old adults. If you are looking for a small town to raise your family or want to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life, this might be the perfect place for you!