Are you considering retiring in Hardy, VA? You may have found a perfect retirement destination which is also, known to be a conservative and safe haven. Based on Crime Grade, the crime rate of Hardy, VA in general sits at A-.
The A- rating indicates that the crime rate is lower than that of a typical US city. Hardy’s safety ranking is in the 82nd percentile, which indicates that 82% of cities are riskier and 18% of cities are safer.
In Hardy, there are 15.76 crimes committed per 1,000 residents each year. The west side of the city is often seen as the safest among Hardy locals. In Hardy, your likelihood of becoming a victim of crime might range from 1 in 77 in the west of the city to 1 in 44 in the northern areas.
A quick analysis of a more detailed crime rate map in Hardy, VA that ignores population shows that there are roughly 20 more crimes per year in Hardy, Virginia’s northwest. Only 4 crimes occur in the east of Hardy on average per year.
In blocks with few residents, shopping areas are the scene of numerous crimes. There are times when Hardy people are not at risk in the red areas on the crime rate map.
Understand the Crime Rate Breakdown
Before you make a decision on whether or not to retire in Hardy, VA, you have to understand the breakdown of different crimes and their rates. In general, Hardy, VA is relatively safe and great for retirement.
- Assault Cases sit at a 0.6748 crime rate
- Robbery Cases sit at a 0.0257 crime rate
- Rape Cases sit at a 0.3289 crime rate
- Murder Cases sit at a 0.0286 crime rate
- Theft Cases (property related) sit at a 4.285 crime rate
- Vehicle Theft Cases sit at a 1.413 crime rate
- Burglary Cases sit at a 1.944 crime rate
- Arson Cases sit at a 0.063 crime rate
- Kidnapping Cases sit at a 0.0321 crime rate
- Drug Cases sit at a 1.306 crime rate
- Vandalism Cases sit at a 5.119 crime rate
- Identity Theft Cases sit at a 0.5841 crime rate
- Animal Cruelty Cases sit at a 0.0176 crime rate
Hardy, VA has also noticeably fewer crimes per capita than the nearby cities. The crime rate and grade for Hardy, VA is at A- while other nearby cities’ grades are as follows. In general, Hardy, VA stands as one of the top safer places to retire and live in.
- Goodview, VA: Grade B+
- Wirtz, VA: Grade A-
- Vinton, VA: Grade C
- Moneta, VA: Grade B-
- Red Valley, VA: Grade A
- North Shore, VA: Grade A-
- Boones Mille, VA: Grade B+
- Union, VA: Grade C-
- Roanoke, VA: Grade D+
- Union Hall, VA: Grade B+
If you only take the crime rate into account, Hardy is safer than both the state and national averages for Virginia. If you are considering Hardy, VA as your retirement destination, you can be assured it is a safe and secured place to call home.